Wednesday, February 01, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday #9


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.


Right now what I really want to read is:

After the Snow

2059. The snow begins to fall. Only the few are prepared. A new ice-age has begun. Born after the snows, fifteen-year-old straggler kid Willo Blake has never known a life outside hunting and trapping in the hills. When his family mysteriously disappears, leaving him alone on a freezing mountain, Willo sets off into the unknown to find them. Meanwhile, across Britain, outlawed followers of survivalist John Blovyn are planning an escape to the fabled Islands talked of in a revolutionary book. When Willo meets an abandoned girl on his trek across the hills, his world collides with outlaws and halfmen on an epic journey that leads him to the new world of the city - a place where the dog spirit inside his head cannot help him. It is a journey of betrayal and violence. A journey of awakening love and humanity. A journey that changes everything he ever thought he knew.

_______________________

Yup, I'm very into dystopian books now. :) I think I just really like the Post-Apocalyptic scenarios, how people have to learn to survive, no mater what the conditions thrown at them. It's fascinating... if a bit terrifying.

What are you waiting on?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good, and quite intense read.

    hope you enjoy it when it comes out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to avoid all dystopian books, but I have read a few recently that I liked. This one sounds really intense. Thanks for sharing!
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very mysterious. :) Great choice!

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh I've never heard of this one but it sounds really good! I love the cover too! Nice pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)