Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #3


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Right now what I really want to read is:


Tempest (Tempest #1)

Tempest (Tempest #1)
by Julie Cross 

The year is 2009.  Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy… he’s in college, has a girlfriend… and he can travel back through time. But it’s not like the movies – nothing changes in the present after his jumps, there’s no space-time continuum issues or broken flux capacitors – it’s just harmless fun.

That is… until the day strangers burst in on Jackson and his girlfriend, Holly, and during a struggle with Jackson, Holly is fatally shot. In his panic, Jackson jumps back two years to 2007, but this is not like his previous time jumps. Now he’s stuck in 2007 and can’t get back to the future.

Desperate to somehow return to 2009 to save Holly but unable to return to his rightful year, Jackson settles into 2007 and learns what he can about his abilities.

But it’s not long before the people who shot Holly in 2009 come looking for Jackson in the past, and these “Enemies of Time” will stop at nothing to recruit this powerful young time-traveler.  Recruit… or kill him.

Piecing together the clues about his father, the Enemies of Time, and himself, Jackson must decide how far he’s willing to go to save Holly… and possibly the entire world.

What are you waiting on?

3 comments:

  1. This looks soooooooo good!!!! I haven't read any time travel YA books, so I'm really intrigued for this one. Great pick and happy holidays!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really curious about this one but scared at the same time. I definitely plan to read it though and see what it's all about. Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I read this one already thanks to NetGalley and I really enjoyed it! I hope you will also! :)

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-18.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)