Friday Recommends is a meme hosted by Pen To Paper.
This is where we can share a book we would highly recommend.
The rules for Friday Recommends are:
- Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
- Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
- Pick a book that you've read, and have enjoyed enough to recommend to other readers. It can be a book you've read recently, or a book you read years ago - it's up to you - but make sure you tell us why you love the book (like a mini review). You make the post as long or as short as you like.
- Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post after posting your blog post.
- Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.
- Visit the other blogs and enjoy!
A Certain Slant of Light (A Certain Slant of Light #1)
"Someone was looking at me, a disturbing sensation if you're dead.”
I've read this book a loooong while ago, but I remember how pleasantly surprised and satisfied I was with it. I think maybe it's time for a re-read. ;) Oh, and the cover is really beautiful, too. In a slightly creepy way. LOL.
Here's one of my favorite quotes:
“Books are boring," James said as he wrote.
"They line the walls like a thousand leather doorways to be opened into worlds unknown," I offered.”
Do you have any good recommendations?