Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #25



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

 Grab your current read
       • Open to a random page
       Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
       Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.


Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
"Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me. Perhaps I've spent too long in the company of my literary romantic heroes, and consequently my ideals and expectations are far too high."
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

__________________________

That quote hits so close to home it's scary. O.o
Oh, man. This book... it has such great scenes and such stupid/badly written ones. The characters are so... not-believable most of the time, but sometimes they feel almost touchable. But one thing is for sure: The author can certainly write great sex scenes (especially the 'vanilla' ones, in my opinion. Quite, QUITE hot.). Even if the rest of the 400 and so pages are pure fanfic/amateur style. I'm looking forward to watching the movie adaptation. It will probably be better than the book. ('cause it can't possibly be worse.). LOL.
It's not that bad, really... it's just not very good. But people don't really read it for the story... so it's all good. :P

5 comments:

  1. That quote hits so close to home it's scary. O.o
    ^ Ditto!

    "But people don't really read it for the story... so it's all good. :P"
    ^ This made me LOL. =P

    Don't think I'll be reading the book, but I'm interested in seeing how they make it into a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've definitely read mixed reviews about this series. Anything with this much buzz has to be about something other than the writing...lol

    Thanks for sharing...and here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see not everyone's in love. I'm not reading this just because I don't think I'll like it, but the quote does hit too close to home.

    My TT

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great (and true) quote! I have this series but haven't read it yet so looking forward to your review! My TT is here: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-girl-in-steel-corset-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me not feel so bad about not reading it when everyone else has. Maybe I should make a whole post on why I don't really want to give it a go. lol. I have never been a fan of fanfic, which is the whole reason.

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)