Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lyon - Review

Lyon (The Lords of Satyr, #3)

Lyon

(The Lords of Satyr #3)


HE IS ON THE PROWL ...

The youngest of the Satyr brothers, Lyon enjoys working in the family's Tuscan vineyards, caring for his menagerie of animals and bedding beautiful women. But he knows he must fulfill his destiny of taking the last daughter of King Feydon as his bride. And so he travels to Paris to wed the infamous Juliet Rabelais ...

FOR HIS MOST LUSCIOUS PRIZE ...

A celebrated courtesan noted for both her culinary --- and carnal --- talents, Juliet is a voluptuous beauty with a body meant to tease. And with a full moon only days away, Lyon is quickly aroused. But after a night of intimacy, Lyon wonders if Juliet is truly a mistress of sensual pleasure or whether his sexual mastery will be her undoing ...

________________________________________


My Review:


How very disappointing. It saddens me to say it, but I expected SO much more of this book. From book 1 I was entranced with Lyon's playfulness with women and his brothers, his smart remarks and boldness, not to mention hotness... so I was really looking forward to this one, but the Lyon in this book was NOTHING like the Lyon from 'Nicholas' and 'Raine'. He was so... forgettable. He didn't come out as the pleasant, cute and impossible little brother that could annoy his older siblings AND drive all women crazy that we've been introduced to in the previous books.

What happened, Ms. Elizabeth Amber? I'm giving it three stars, but it was more like 2 1/2, I'm very sorry to say. :((
And Juliette was also very annoying. Weak hero (and I don't mean just his physical state in the book) and even weaker heroine... I'm afraid the cover is the best thing about this book. I thought this one would become my 'new love', but 'Raine' is still my favorite book in the series. Oh, and something that hasn't been explained in the books: why is it that Lyon had to keep sending women away from him in Paris? He said it was 'out of the ordinary' himself...

2 comments:

  1. SO CUUUUUUUTE *_____________*
    I didn't know you were doing reviews, this is so exciting!
    But you have a lot of work to do, girl! I know you read 100000000000000000 books everyday ;P I want to read all the reviews, all of them =D

    Keep going, K. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's actually my first comment. LOL I do have a LONG way to go. Please keep on reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)