Thursday, October 25, 2012

Review: Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid #1) by Richelle Mead

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)
Succubus Blues 
(Georgina Kincaid #1)

Succubus (n.) An alluring, shape-shifting demon who seduces and pleasures mortal men. Pathetic (adj.) A succubus with great shoes and no social life. See: Georgina Kincaid. 

When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical? 

But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid's life is far less exotic. Her boss is a middle-management demon with a thing for John Cusack movies. Her immortal best friends haven't stopped teasing her about the time she shape-shifted into the Demon Goddess getup complete with whip and wings. And she can't have a decent date without sucking away part of the guy's life. At least there's her day job at a local bookstore--free books; all the white chocolate mochas she can drink; and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can't. 

But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle's demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won't help because Georgina's about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny...

sington Publishing Corporation





When someone starts to murder people with whom she just had fights with, she's suddenly the prime suspect... until she, too, is attacked. But who is doing this? Who is attacking the lesser immortals, and why can't the victims not feel the attacker's presence? The only ones who can mask it are the most powerful immortals, like demons and angels... So, is the murderer an angel? Could it be Carter, the local angel? Georgina, against her boss's orders, starts an investigation that leads her to one of the immortals' greatest secrets...

I thought the story of how she became a succubus was so sad! And the ending was so ironic! Not to mention surprising! I only discovered who the bad guy was a few pages before he was, indeed, revealed, which is a first for me. Usually it's so obvious it's annoying, but not this time. :)


4 comments:

  1. same here, I've heard about this series and I think I might have read the scene where she meets the author in a theater or something. I have A feeling that I won't like the series( don't know why).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same feeling, but ended up LOVING it!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow!!!
    sounds AMAZING!!
    I think I will have to get it!
    It seems like so rarely now I am surprised by the bad guy or the ending!!! :)
    Great review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really intrigued by the book. It sounds great and I have never about it. I will definitely add it to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)