Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Teaser Tuesday/Recommendation #26



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

 Grab your current read
       • Open to a random page
       Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
       Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares 

I lost myself immediately in one of the books, only emerging when the phone rang.
“Dashiell?” my father intoned. As if someone else with my voice might be answering the phone at my mother’s apartment.
“Yes, Father?”
“Leeza and I would like to wish you a merry Christmas.”
“Thank you, Father. And to you, as well.”
[awkward pause]
[even more awkward pause]
“I hope your mother isn’t giving you any trouble.”
Oh, Father, I love it when you play this game.
“She told me if I clean all the ashes out of the grate, then I’ll be able to help my sisters get ready for the ball.”
“It’s Christmas, Dashiell. Can’t you give that attitude a rest?”
“Merry Christmas, Dad. And thanks for the presents.”
“What presents?”
“I’m sorry—those were all from Mom, weren’t they?”
“Dashiell …”
“I gotta go. The gingerbread men are on fire.”

__________________________________________

This book is amazing! I never thought I would enjoy a book written by two people SO much. There's a lot of humor (slightly dry and dark at points, but still quite amusing), mystery, romance and excitement. I want to reach the end so bad to see if they'll get together, but I'm also having so much fun I don't want this to end!!! *-*
Oh, everybody should read this!!! It looks like such a light, meaningless read, but it has so much more complexity of content. This is definitely a keeper. :)

What is your teaser this week?

5 comments:

  1. wow great teaser! I really like her!

    My TT

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this book before, but it looks really cool :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Teaser...I'm adding it to my list. Here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-june-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great read. I really enjoy your teaser. Thanks for sharing.

    Feel free to check out my teaser here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your teaser was hilarious! I have got to read this book.
    I think you'll enjoy mine too. It's from Toxic Torte.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)