Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #28

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
 Grab your current read
       • Open to a random page
       Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
       Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.


Slightly Scandalous (Bedwyn Saga, #3)
by Mary Balogh

"Now that is a threat to put the fear of God into me," Joshua said. "I have been at the receiving end of one of those fists - at least my nose has - on two separate occasions."

Mass Paperback, 2003, page 220.




___________________


Slightly Scandalous is one of the most surprising historicals I have ever read. I am having so much fun with it I'm surprised. :) The heroine is not perfect, not even pretty. She's strong and daring and stubborn, but not to point of stupidity. And the hero is a complete delight! Nothing like those silly, stuck-up aristocrats we're used to seeing in these books. And it's actually believable in this case!! :)


What's your teaser this week?

3 comments:

  1. I like a lot of Balogh's books. I'll have to check my list to see if I have already read this one. Great teaser! My teaser is from Fairest of All by Sarah Mylnowski. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I'll have to check this one out. I'm not a big fan of her books after trying a few, but maybe this'll change my view.

    My TT

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! No idea what's going on but this character sounds like he's funny! Unless I'm taking this tease out of context of course!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)