Friday, November 14, 2014

Short review of a short tale: The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn't, the Mummy That Was, and the Cat in the Jar by Gail Carriger

     22611728

by Gail Carriger
(The title is almost longer than the story. XD)

      I loved to see more of Floote! (I never knew he could talk so much. Alexia would surely faint.) The language/dialogues were just as clever/amusing/well-written as always, but I simply couldn't like Alessandro much. He was incredibly smart, had a dry sense of humor, impeccable style... but he was too... tough, too ruthless, I guess. Maybe we simply didn't have much time to really get to know him? Or maybe it was his support to the Templars that did me in. Even if it was expected. However, I really wish he had lived long enough to see his daughter married to a werewolf. XD Now THAT would be amusing. (Even if I am quite aware she would probably have been raised just like him, being taught to hate/kill everything paranormal).
       The cat on the jar was pretty interesting (the silliness made me smile a lot), but the mummy thing was even more so!! I mean, could there be other types of weres? I was expecting to see a little fling or romance, as well. Leticia didn't sound as bad at that time, either. LOL. It was short, fun tale, but it was lacking something. It made me smile, though, so it's all good. (I dare you to pick up any book by Gail and NOT laugh or at least smile a bit).
       ANYWAYS, now I want to re-read the whole series AND the manga collection. :) It's a win-win situation for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say. :)