Sunday, July 12, 2015

Quickie: The Duke and I / O Duque e Eu - Julia Quinn

The Duke and I by Julia Quinn



Man, I keep reading Quinn's books out of order! Anyway, her books are usually a hit-or-miss thing to me, an I'm glad to say this one instantly hit the spot. .P It's the first Bridgerton book, and it was super cute. I felt really connected to our hero, because I sometimes stammer myself, as well, which is a super irritating, embarrassing and powerless thing to suffer through, specially when I'm feeling nervous and/or angry (the worst time for it to happen, really). Daphne was a strong, likable heroine, and even though I understand the author was trying to introduce us to the family for the upcoming books, I wish we got to see them interacting more with some other characters.  And we never found out what was in the letters. But it's no biggie. These books are excellent to clear the pallate, you see. They're very light readings, they make you chuckle a few times... and, well, that's pretty handy, sometimes.

Cara, eu continuo lendo os livros da Quinn fora de ordem! Mas de qualquer forma, as suas histórias geralmente são do tipo 'amo ou odeio', mas este foi amor instantâneo, não se preocupe. :P
É o primeiro livro Bridgerton, e foi super fofo. Eu senti uma ligação grande com o nosso herói, porque eu às vezes gaguejo também, o que é uma coisa super irritante e embaraçosa, especialmente quando estou nervosa e/ou brava.
Daphne é uma heroína forte, simpática e, apesar de eu entender que a autora quisesse nos apresentar ao resto da família para os próximos livros, eu queria vê-los interagindo mais com alguns outros personagens. E nós nunca descobrimos o que estava nas cartas.
Mas tudo bem. Estes livros são excelentes para limpar o palato entre leituras pesadas. Eles são fofos e levinhos, fazem você rir... e às vezes é só disso que precisamos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say. :)